Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
jjll29
Username: jjll29

Post Number: 138

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 11:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good day Colin and IC fellows, how are you?

For years I have a wish to see my IC chart presented in a clear and easy to use format. I normally use three or four indicators and I tend to add them to time frame ranging from 1 hour to 1 month. This brought in a couple of problems: it takes lots of time to add and remove or change these indicators, the main chart looks very messy and squashed as indicators of all the time frames are all displayed at the same screen.

Is there anyway to solve this issue?

Yes, and I think the solution is to remove the time factor in the indicator setting. Once added, an indicator will be attached with all time frames, so that when certain time frame, eg, daily, is chosen, nothing else but daily indicators can be displayed, and screen can be made very concise, neat and clear this way. If you visit www.investing.com on your computer, get a chart of a stock then click "technical chart" then try to add an indicator or two, you will have a feel how it works.

Cheers and happy trading.

Jason

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2234

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 12:31 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jason,

Good advice. Difficult to achieve on the existing desktop application but will be available on the new mobile application.

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2235

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 12:40 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P.S.

We want to go a step further. I often use 13 weeks (1 quarter) for indicators on a weekly chart and either 5 or 21 days (1 week or month) on the daily chart.

Would it be useful to be able to set an indicator so that it will only display in one time frame (e.g. hours, days, weeks, or months)? If no election is made it would display by default in all time frames.

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

scarlettsmith694
Username: scarlettsmith694

Post Number: 48

Friday, August 30, 2019 - 08:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello @jjll29
can you please share more about it.

ScarlettSmith

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Trend strengthscarlettsmith69413-Aug-19  04:25 pm
TMF-TMOdydavo26-Jun-19  02:42 pm
Bollinger Bands...canam22-Jun-17  11:43 pm
Twiggs Money Flow weekly/dailycolin_twiggs44 17-May-17  03:42 pm
Quest for a NEW predictive BUY signal indicatorspdfgh01-May-17  07:07 pm
BBIjjll2902-Mar-17  11:50 am