Archive through 20 April, 2003tiwell25 20-Apr-03  11:50 pm
Archive through 19 February, 2003forest225 19-Feb-03  05:07 pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
andrewk
Username: andrewk

Post Number: 61

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 11:03 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha, yes the D4F seminar was indeed dodgy.. I also thought the guy took far too long to understand my question.... It sure would be nice to have a guaranteed stop loss (which can only be set at least 5% away from the price) to protect yourself from large gaps as well as a tight non-guaranteed stop loss so you don't have to stare at the prices all day....

I should hopefully make it to meet you guys tomorrow. :-)

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

drarthur
Username: drarthur

Post Number: 4

Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 06:57 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

won't be able to meet with you guys tonight, so I'm forwarding my apologies, will see you next meeting though.

drarthur
Username: drarthur

Post Number: 5

Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 11:23 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good to see new members to join the ranks of our group. Can someone post a link to the article of the "22million dollar man"

stan
Username: stan

Post Number: 96

Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dr.

here's the link to Dan Zangers interview - a good read.

http://www.traders.com/Reprints/PDF_reprints/CP_ZANGER.PDF

Last nights meeting was good. We touched on a whole range of general subjects and met some new people. Brokers were high on the list of topics. There were lots of questions about different brokers and as a group I think we had most of the answers covered. It's good to see us benefitting from each others experiences.

We covered some charts and spoke about the different timeframes we all use and what got us into trading to start with.

The new guys could post some topics they would like to see covered in future meetings. We could choose an indicator to highlight for a meeting for example, multiple MAs, or have a market-wrap to kick off each meeting.

Looks like we'll be changing venues, so I'd like to thank Laurie for the time and effort he's put into organising it all for the last 8 months.

Thanks also to Alan and Graham for the equipment. It's the first time we've had a real projector screen.

Alan may want to add some comments to the Adelaide people about getting some discussions going about stocks during the month?

Thanks,
Stan

spider
Username: spider

Post Number: 1182

Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 12:46 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's this spider hears about you guys moving venues?
how will spider be able to find you next time he is in town?
Do you get to take the fireplace with you?

When I go out in the 'morning' to collect the mail, I have to walk past the Jag, she often asks me when we can take that drive to Adelaide again?

We had our meeting last night also.
Next month will be our first birthday as a group.
Last night I looked around the room and found that there were only two faces left from the original meeting.
Some faces I didn't recognize, some have been coming for a few months so I'm starting to recognize them.
We had three ladies last night, that was a record for us, and good to see.

I wonder how many of your faces I will recognize when I eventually get back there?

Look after that beautiful city of yours.
Sit somewhere nice and have a cup of coffee for me, maybe even a glass at the Belgium beer hall.

Be prosperous,
spider.

"I'll be here until I die. Even if I had fifty million dollars, what else am I going to do? This is what I love to do. I think those people who come in and say that they want to make a million dollars, or ten million dollars, and then plan to quit are the people who never make that much money because they have the wrong focus. They have a focus on being done with it, so they'll become more aggressive than they need to be. They'll take stupid trades because they feel really rushed and don't want to be here. Whereas, my goal is that I always want to be here." - Brandon Fredrickson

blue_chap
Username: blue_chap

Post Number: 56

Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 01:49 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Stan has summed it all up nicely and as he said, it was a real good meeting. Must add thanks to Cal for the projector - what a difference a projector/screen makes to help the discussions along. Once again the food was pretty good. However, we are starting to outgrow the room at the Brecknok so a new venue is called for.

Welcome to Roger, Andrew, Chris, Terry and Kerris.
Apologies from MickV - a total lack of wisdom meant he could attend last night!!!!!

Let's try to be a bit active - re stocks this month - everyone should have a complete list of email addresses for the group.

Hi to Spider,

We still have 4 from the original 5/6 and let's hope they carry on. Alas no ladies. As a group, we would once again welcome you into our humble circle should you decide to test the Jag again.

As for the next meeting, it will still be the last Wednesday in November, we hope - venue to be confirmed once I get the nod from DrArthur.

Al

blue_chap

Post Number: 57

Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 01:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ooops sorry I think we have 5 ot the original 6 left - Alan, Laurie, Mick, Tony and Peter. Good staying power guys. Helps if you count yourself.

haggis
Username: haggis

Post Number: 2

Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 04:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, I am fairly new to incredible charts and it looks like I have just missed your last meeting but I would be keen to get involved with your group and would like to come along to your next get together if at all possible.
Haggis

blue_chap

Post Number: 60

Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 04:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Haggis,

You will be most welcome.

I will post the venue details, once they are finalised. All meetings are the last Wednesday of the month.

Al

blue_chap

Post Number: 62

Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 07:32 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After Laurie's chat with Management at the Brecknok, it seems that we will have a few more tables and chairs and so we can stay where we are for the time being.

This means that the:

Next meeting is Wednesday 26 November 7pm

Spider, you may have to bow to Mrs Spider's wishes because there is no reason for for you not to visit now - you know where we are!!!!!!!

blue_chap

Post Number: 64

Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 07:17 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a reminder that it's that time of the month again.

See you all Wednesday between 7:00 and 7:15.

Al

forest2
Username: forest2

Post Number: 18

Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 07:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi one and all. please let me know by Mon am!! if u are likely to be there weds. I need to phone and give some idea of nos for the food/meeting. to try and keep things sweet.

haggis
Username: haggis

Post Number: 7

Monday, November 24, 2003 - 09:44 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forest2,
Sorry for the delay in replying but I would like to attend the meeting on Wednesday night, as it will be my first time I look forward to meeting you all.

blue_chap

Post Number: 69

Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 08:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well it was a little last minute but Rob Wilson Aussie Rob) came along and ran through the new futures software - Trend Genie.

The system seemed very simple to operate and Rob covered it pretty thoroughly. I think most/all questions on the software were answered to most people's satisfaction.

It certainly made a change from the normal meeting.

What with the late start and the presentation, we rapidly ran out of time. However, normal service will be resumed at our next meeting, which will be delayed by a month due to Christmas.

A merry Christmas to you all and a happy and prosperous New Year.

Next meeting is Wednesday 28 January 2004 at 7pm

Al

blue_chap

Post Number: 77

Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 08:03 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a quick reminder that next week is the 1st meeting for the New Year.

Next meeting is Wednesday 28 January 2004 at 7pm

Al

stan

Post Number: 136

Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 10:19 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there,

How do we look for numbers, seats, tables and equipment, Alan?

Stan

expas
Username: expas

Post Number: 4

Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 12:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi is the meeting still at the brecknok..i havnt been for some time...regards

blue_chap

Post Number: 78

Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 01:43 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stan,

A few replies still to come in but numbers are about the norm. We are all ok for equipment etc.

Don't forget to order food on arrival.

Expas - yes we are still at the Brecknok but a bit more organised in equipment etc.

Al

blue_chap

Post Number: 79

Friday, January 23, 2004 - 08:27 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've had a few private emails re next Wednesday.

Basically, if this will be your 1st visit, I need to know you are coming - this is for seating etc.

If you want to take notes, a notebook and pen is all you will need.

We have a PC for charting, projector and screen and their is a wide range of skills, time-frames and knowledge within the group.

The format is arrive between 7:00-7:30 in the bar nearest South Terrace, order your food ASAP and tell them you are with the traders group. We then normally, move upstairs and get things rolling, and then break briefly when the food arrives. After that we carry on until people want to leave, sometimes, 10:00 but we have gone on much later than this, it really depends what we are discussing. I say we normally move upstairs - if we are inundated with people which has happened, or we have a guest presenter, then sometimes we eat in the restaurant first, and then move upstairs.

I think this covers most areas but if I have missed anything, perhaps one of the regular members will fill in the gaps.

Most of all we are a very friendly bunch, that like to get together, regularly and compare notes.

Al

blue_chap

Post Number: 83

Friday, February 13, 2004 - 05:49 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Adelaide traders kicked off the New Year with a very successful meeting at the Brecknok. Welcome to new member Greg.

Next meeting is Wednesday 25 February 2004 at 7pm

This meeting marks our 1st anniversary and it it quite gratifying to see Alan, Laurie, Tony, Mick and Peter still attending. These guys were the 1st 5 members to join and they are still going strong.

Please remember that with all the new members we would like everyone at the Brecknok by 7pm and food ordered as soon as you arrive.

I wonder who will be late this time...... if it's me and with my past history that's most unlikely, just remind Laurie that mine's the curry!!!!!!!!!!

Al

blue_chap

Post Number: 84

Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 10:23 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another productive meeting at the Brecknok on Wednesday. Welcome to new members Adam, Alan and Mike.

Alan(Blue_Chap) gave a brief run down on the past year, highlighting how we have developed. Let's hope we make as much progress in our second year as we did in our first.

Thanks to Adam for running through a few commodities and bringing along some charts to illustrate his point. Also thanks to Graham for bringing XLQ to our attention.

Next meeting is Wednesday 31 March 2004 at 7pm

Please remember that we would like everyone at the Brecknok by 7pm and food ordered as soon as you arrive.

Al

blue_chap

Post Number: 85

Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 06:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some good discussion last week at the Brecknok. A smaller number than usual but just as much ground covered and a nice vindaloo to boot.

Alan managed to get hold of a projector and this enabled the meeting to run as smoothly as usual. Thanks to everyone for chipping in towards a replacement lamp should we need one - still trying to source this as cheaply as possible.

A small digression into the property market also provided some stimulating discussion.

Next meeting is Wednesday 28 April 2004 at 7pm

Please remember that we would like everyone at the Brecknok by 7pm and food ordered as soon as you arrive.

Al

blue_chap

Post Number: 86

Monday, May 10, 2004 - 07:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry guys forgot to update this with last meeting but we did have one a it was pretty good from memory, as well.

Next meeting is Wednesday 26 May 2004 at 7pm

Al

blue_chap

Post Number: 87

Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 08:26 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well we are still going with another good turnout last Wednesday. After some discussion re the meeting night, it was decided to leave it as is, the last Wednesday of the month.

Let's hope our chosen stocks perform better than last month's efforts.

Next meeting is Wednesday 30 June 2004 at 7pm

Al

blue_chap

Post Number: 90

Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 09:11 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a quick reminder about the Adelaide Traders Group Meeting.

Next meeting is Wednesday 28 July 2004 at 7pm

Al

(Message edited by Blue_chap on July 21, 2004)

blue_chap

Post Number: 91

Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 09:57 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Next meeting is Wednesday 25 August 2004 at 7pm

Al

blue_chap

Post Number: 92

Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 08:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Next meeting is Wednesday 27 October 2004 at 7pm

Al

blue_chap

Post Number: 93

Friday, November 12, 2004 - 07:50 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

November meeting has been moved to the 1 December 2004 due to the ATAA meeting falling on 24 November 2004.

Hope to see you there.

Al

davkell
Username: davkell

Post Number: 30

Monday, January 24, 2005 - 07:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi guys;

Doesn't seem likes there has been a posting under 'Adelaide' for awhile. Are you guys still getting together monthly and if so, are you accepting new attendees. When, where and how much?

Thanks guys.

"Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom"

stan

Post Number: 161

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 05:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Davkell

Bit quiet here - we meet at the Brecknock Hotel in town on the last Wednesday of every month, but Januarys meeting has been postponed to Feb 23rd because of Australia Day.

We meet at 7pm to order a meal and then have a room upstairs with a screen and projector. Meals around $15 plus Guinness.

Blue_chap will confirm all the details the week before. Just send him a reply when you see the posting.

Hope to see you there,
Stan

forest2
Username: forest2

Post Number: 20

Monday, February 21, 2005 - 05:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Adelaide meeting this weds!!! we appear to be VERY short on nos this meeting!! in fact Alan said not a single reply. do we even have a meeting this mnth??? come on lads lets keep it going.

davkell
Username: davkell

Post Number: 375

Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 11:23 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's been over a year since any post regarding an Adelaide meeting. Just checking in to (a) see whether it's been happening and if not (b) are there still numbers wanting to attend one.

Curious as I heard you guys had some good get-to-gethers!

Cheers.

"Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom" - Van K Tharp

"Manage the downside; the upside will take care of itself" - Donald Trump

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Perth Traders Breakfast Group .....benson64 25-Apr-16  06:58 pm
Gold Coast Traders - jollym04-Jul-15  10:40 pm
Sydney Groupspeterloh27-Apr-15  03:35 am
NEW SUNSHINE COAST TRADERS CLUBqed51 15-Sep-13  09:09 am
Who to trade options through ?sir_lance28-Feb-11  08:06 am
Brisbane Traders Groupmickfinn8717-Jan-11  09:52 pm